About family sponsored stream of visitor visa to Australia
Visitor visa with Tourist stream is for people traveling to Australia as a tourist, to see family or for business for up to three, six or 12 months.
Visitor Visa Sponsored family stream
To apply for family stream of visitor visa you must be sponsored by an eligible family member who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident. You may be also asked to pay a security bond. Unlike other visas, family members cannot be included on one application. Family members who wish to travel to Australia will be required to lodge a separate visa application.
Visitor visa also has 6 different streams to choose from:
Key requirements for family sponsored visa.
To apply for this visa, you will need:
- to stay of up to 12 months
- Visit friends and family, cruise or have a holiday
- If you hold another visa that is expiring and want to stay longer, this visa might suit you.
To apply for Visitor visa in Australia (onshore you) must meet certain criteria. You must have right visa.
Anyone can apply for visitor visa offshore.
Family sponsored visa requirements:
You must meet our health requirement.
You must meet our character requirement.
You must have, or have access to, enough money to support yourself while you are in Australia.
Be a genuine visitor
Provide a letter of invitation from your family member with your application.
You must have a sponsor. Your sponsor can be either:
- a family member in Australia
- an Australian government official
If a family member wants to support you without becoming a sponsor, you can apply for a Visitor visa (subclass 600) Tourist stream.
Becoming Sponsor for Sponsored family stream
To be eligible for family stream visitor visa, suitable family sponsor is required. To become a sponsor, you must be:
- a family member in Australia
- an Australian government official
If a family member wants to support you without becoming a sponsor, you can apply for a Visitor visa (subclass 600) Tourist stream. Provide a letter of invitation from your family member with your application.
You can only sponsor one visa applicant at a time.
You must be a relative of:
- the visa applicant or
- another applicant, where the other applicant is a member of the family unit of the visa applicant. For example, you could be the uncle of the main visa applicant’s spouse
- another applicant, where the visa applicant is a member of that other applicant’s family unit
To be a relative, you must be an applicant’s:
- partner, parent or child
- brother or sister
- grandparent or grandchild
- aunt or uncle
- niece or nephew
- the step equivalent of the above
A sponsor can’t be a:
- New Zealand citizen
You can also sponsor a visa applicant if you are:
- a member of an Australian parliament
- a member of the Legislative Assembly of the Australian Capital Territory or the Northern Territory
- a mayor
- a government agency or instrumentality of the Commonwealth or a State or a Territory
You must be a settled Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Usually, you must have lived in Australia for the last 2 years. In compelling compassionate circumstances, we might reduce this time.
In some cases, Sponsor may be asked to pay security bond.
- are usually between AUD 5,000 and AUD 15,000 per person (but we can ask for any amount)
- must be paid in full before we make a final decision on the visa application
- will be refunded if your visitor complies with their visa conditions and leaves Australia before their visa expires
Family sponsored visa allows you to stay in Australia 3,6 0r 12 months deepens how long your visa is granted for.
You can’t stay in Australia longer by extending visitor visa. You must apply for a new visitor visa if you want to stay longer.
Visitor visa allows you to come to Australia for a holiday or to visit family and friends.
- You might be allowed to enter only once. If so, you will need to apply for a new visa if you want to return to Australia again after you leave.
- You might be able to travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while your visa is valid, but the total time you spend in Australia cannot be more than the period of stay that you have been granted.
- you may visit family or friends
- study or train for up to 3 months
- You can’t work in Australia on a Visitor visa, but you might be able to do volunteering work.
Include family in 600 visa
Any visitor visa doesn’t allow you to attach family members to your application. For visitor visa, each person must apply separately.
How much cost visa to Australia
When you apply for 820 Partner visa you will be able to pay discounted rate.
If you are outside Australia only certain passport holders can apply for Visitor visa online. If you cannot apply online, you can lodge a paper application.
- Child visa (Subclass 101)Director, CRM – Australia2022-09-09T00:31:31+00:00
- Commercial cleaners traineeDirector, CRM – Australia2022-07-06T22:47:37+00:00
- Graphic designers & Sign-writersDirector, CRM – Australia2022-07-06T11:26:41+00:00
- Remedial Massage TherapistsDirector, CRM – Australia2022-07-06T00:05:33+00:00
New List Of Prioritised Occupations Allowed Travel Exemption and New Requirements For Labour Market Testing
The Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List The 17 occupations (ANZSCO code) are: Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111) Construction Project Manager (133111) Mechanical Engineer (233512) General Practitioner (253111) Resident Medical Officer (253112) [...]
Help for students in Australia
Temporary visa holders, including students who need financial support in connection with the coronavirus (COVID-19), can count on financial assistance from funds transferred by the Australian Government to the Australian Red Cross. Information on the [...]
Students going back to schools
Most schools were closed in Australia approximately 2 weeks before Easter holidays. Decisions when to close and open schools lies in hands of state government with general directions from federal government and Department of Education. [...]
Coronavirus outbreak will affect waiting time for OFFSHORE Partner visa.
Applicants may have to wait up to two years or even longer to unite with their partners, as processing times stretch for offshore partner visa applications amid coronavirus outbreak. We are already witnessing a drop [...]
How is Australia’s Northern Territory supporting our international students?
"We care about you. And as a Government we are here to do what we can to help you.” said Chief Minister of the Northern Territory . Worker and Wellbeing Fund, had been launched last [...]
Symbol of hope during pandemic
Australia’s flag projected on to Swiss Alps in symbol of hope. Australia’s national flag has been projected onto the Swiss Alps in an illuminated message of hope and solidarity during the global coronavirus pandemic. “Since [...]
Leave A Comment