No Further Stay Condition

While you are in Australia, you are unable to make a valid visa application for any new substantive visa other than a protection visa.

Additional information

Condition 8503 is mandatory on the:

  • Visitor visa (subclass 600) Sponsored Family stream
  • Visitor visa (subclass 600) Approved Destination Scheme stream
  • Visitor visa (subclass 600) Tourist stream, if we required you to be sponsored for the visa
  • Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462), if you have previously held 2 subclass 462 visas

A ‘No Further Stay’ condition means you can not apply for many  temporary and permanent visas while they are in Australia.

Conditions include 8503, 8534 and 8535.

If one of these conditions has been attached to your visa, you cannot apply for another visa (except a protection visa or a temporary visa of a specified kind, while you are in Australia). To find out if you have no further stay condition, you must check your VEVO.

Condition 8503 – “No Further Stay” Waiver

You can ask  to waive the condition if a major change in your situation occurs while you hold this visa.

This change must be out of your control – you could not have prevented or stopped it. If you wish to remain in Australia beyond your visa’s expiry date, a request to waive this condition must be made.

The circumstances in which the minister might waive a ‘No Further Stay’ condition are:

  1. since the person was granted the visa that was subject to the condition, compelling and compassionate circumstances have developed:
    • over which the person had no control
    • that resulted in a major change to the person’s circumstances
  2. if the minister has previously refused to waive the condition, the minister is satisfied that the circumstances mentioned in paragraph (a) are substantially different from those considered previously
  3. if the person asks the minister to waive the condition, the request is in writing.

If you need immigration advise or assistance, please call 1300 10 50 50 or contact our consultants.  You may also book an online appointment with our Lawyers or Migration Agents.