Are you looking to apply for citizenship in Australia? Visa to Australia, an arm or Pacific Center Immigration Agency, has been assisting international immigrants, students, and travellers who wish to call Australia home with citizenship applications since 2003.
Our team can help you navigate the complex Australian citizenship application process, positioning you for the best chance of success. With our help, you can ensure you approach the process correctly and get it right the first time. We help you be efficient, save money and above all, become a citizen of this great country.
For most of our clients, Pacific Center migration agents help and guide you through all stages of visa applications. It may start with temporary visa, leading to permanent visa and then citizenship.
- You must be a be a permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen when you apply
- Must spend minimum 4 years in Australia.
- You must hold permanent visa for minimum 12 months before you apply for citizenship.
- Live and be in Australia while decision is made.
Australian citizenship can be granted in two different pathways. One way to gain citizenship rights is by conferral or by descent. For those who have Australian citizen parents but were born overseas or for any other reasons did not receive citizenship at birth, may apply for citizenship by descent.
All other applicants must meet citizenship criteria to apply by conferral. Special rules are for eligible New Zealand citizens.
You may also be eligible to become an Australian citizen by descent if your parent was an Australian citizen during the time you were born overseas.
Who can become Australian citizen?
- Holders of a permanent resident visa ( citizenship by conferral)
- New Zealand citizens ( citizenship by conferral)
- Children of Australian citizens (( citizenship by descent)
Criteria you must meet to apply for citizenship:
- Permanent residents or New Zealand citizens
- Australian permanent residents aged 18-59
- Partners or spouses of an Australian citizen
- Refugees or humanitarian migrants
- Children aged 16 or 17
- Children 15 years or younger who are applying with a parent or guardian
- Eligible New Zealand citizens
- Commonwealth Child Migration Scheme migrants
- Permanent residents aged 60 years or over
LOOKING TO APPLY FOR A VISA TO AUSTRALIA?
Don’t hesitate to contact one of our migration agents today. You’re one click away from expert answers to your visa questions! Call 1300 10 50 50
experienced in the
Australian citizenship application process
Our highly-qualified staff at Visa to Australia are well-versed and experienced in the Australian citizenship application process, having helped many people to apply previously. We are passionate, knowledgeable and experienced specialising not only in the citizenship application requirements but all types of Australian visa application processes as well.
As a Registered Australian Migration Agency (MARN 0743766) we take a personalised approach to determine the best form application for your situation, to better position you for success. Our clients come from many different countries and diverse backgrounds with one thing in common; they love Australia and dream of calling it home. It is our goal to help them achieve that.
Our team includes:
- Legal professionals specialising in immigration and Australian visas
- Experts in citizenship appeals, cancellations, and non-compliance cases.
- Dedicated individuals who specialise in the citizenship testing and application process
Why apply for Australian citizenship?
- Citizenship cannot be cancelled, and you can never be deported
- You can travel and re-enter Australia without extending your PR visa every 5 years.
- You can apply for Australian passport giving you support overseas.
- You can apply for federal and defence jobs.
Based in Airlie Beach, Queensland we are a boutique agency with consultants worldwide. No matter what your situation may be, we can help you prepare for the citizenship test and improve your chances of success.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE TYPES OF VISA TO ENTER AUSTRALIA
Contact our team here, at Visa To Australia, and book visa consultation with our migration agents.
The primary requirements for Australian Citizenship
Those seeking Australian Citizenship are required to fulfil some general requirement, which at a high-level include:
- Permanent resident status for at least one year
- You have lived in Australia for at least nine out of 12 months within that year
- Lived continuously and legally in Australia for the past four years
- Be physically present in Australia and not absent for more than 12 months in the last four years
- Meet the good moral character requirement
An overseas penal clearance certificate from each country visited, and approval for citizenship in certain circumstances relating to criminal offences are also required as part of this process.
The Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) and Australian police have created the National Police Checking Service (NPCS), which allows people to apply for a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check (NCCHC). This is an important part of the assessment for a citizenship application.
When you sign the NPCS consent section as part of your citizenship application, you consent to any records that may obtain criminal history information relatings to you.
In some cases, special circumstances may allow for your eligibility to Australian Citizenship. The majority of Australian applicants meet the basic requirements that are detailed for citizenship; however, with the help and knowledge of our team, who consider your specific circumstance individually, there may be particular circumstances that make you eligible.
These can include:
- Applicants born in Papua before 16 September 1975 with one parent born in Australia or an Australian Citizen at the time of your birth
- One parent being a former Australian Citizen who lost citizenship by acquiring citizenship of another country
- An Unaccompanied Humanitarian Minor (UHM) who arrived in Australia under the age of 18, without parents via a protection, refugee or other humanitarian visa
Our team can help you navigate these applications’ complexities and any other that may be relevant to your situation. We take pride in the personalisation we bring to each citizenship application and know that the extra effort can, in some cases, make all the difference.
How to apply for Australian citizenship?
To start the process your non-Australian qualifications have to be recognised by one of Australian organisation. Each occupation has its own recognising body, as listed below. Recognising organisation have theirs own, very specific requirements. At this stage English test may be required. It deepens on recognising body.
Expression of Interest (EOI) it is second step in Skilled visa process. Once your qualifications are recognised, we can lodge your interest to SkillSelect database.
SkillSelect its a database where all EOI are kept for period of 2 years. Employers, Government organisation and States has access to it and they can choose candidates based on number of points you collected, occupation or any other factor like unique skills or qualifications.
Once your EOI is accepted and you have been selected, you will receive invitation to apply for a visa. This is a moment when your all documents have to be prepared, your family can be attached to application and you will receive bridging visa is applying in Australia.
Want to increase your chances of becoming an Australian citizen?
By working with the highly-skilled and passionate staff here at Visa to Australia you are taking effective measures to position yourself for success in your citizenship application. Our diverse range of travel, study, work and immigration services have helped build our in-depth experience in helping people gain employment, migrate or become citizens of Australia.
We are dedicated to you and your success, ensuring that your unique situation is accounted for. We offer complete transparency, reliability and professionalism and guarantee that we will deliver clear, concise and reliable information and advice. It is important that you understand every aspect of your citizenship application, and we will make sure that is this case.
With thousands of successful applications approved, our experience, knowledge, and resources are second-to-none. Contact one of the friendly consultants today and let’s work together to help you call this wonderful country home forever.