Sponsored Parent Temporary visa subclass 870
This temporary visa lets a parent of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen visit Australia for up to 3 or 5 years. One household can sponsor only two parents at a time.
To be able to sponsor your parent for an 870 visa, you must:
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, who has been resident in Australia for at least four years.
- You must be the legal child of your parents (biological, adoptive, or step-child). You may also sponsor your spouse or partner’s, parents
- You must not have held a bridging visa other than the bridging visas A, B or C during the last four years.
- You (and your spouse/partner) must have a joint income of at least AUD 83,454. If you do not have a spouse/partner, you must meet the income requirements yourself.
Requirements for the Parent Visa 870:
- Health check of the applicant
- Proof that the sponsor meets the minimum income requirements (at least AUD 83,454/year).
- Proof of Australian citizenship or permanent residence of the sponsor.
- Proof of family relationships, such as birth certificate, adoption certificate, or family register.
For more comprehensive information regarding Australian Family Visas, contact one of our expert agents at 1300 10 50 50 or email us here.