Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Subclass 491 visa
The new 491 visa, Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) subclass 491 visa, will enable eligible skilled workers and their families to live, work and study in designated regional areas in Australia for 5 years. Visa holders will be eligible to apply for a Permanent Residence visa after three years. Applicants for this visa must be nominated by:
- an Australian state or territory government agency or
- Sponsored by an eligible family member residing in a designated regional area and be invited to apply for the visa following submission of an Expression of Interest (EOI) in SkillSelect.
Applying for a 491 Visa
To be eligible to apply for a 491 Skilled Independent Visa, applicants must:
• Family-sponsored applicants- have an occupation on the relevant skilled occupation list for family-sponsored applicants only
• Employer-sponsored applicants-have an occupation on the relevant skilled occupation list
• complete a successful skill assessment
• have at least competent English
• score at least 65 points. Calculate your points
• be nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency or be sponsored by an eligible relative.
• be at least 18 years of age and younger than 45 years of age
• be invited to apply
For more comprehensive information regarding Australian Skilled Visas, contact one of our expert agents at 1300 10 50 50 or email us here.