The Skilled Nominated Visa is a permanent residence visa for skilled workers to work and live in Australia after being nominated by a State or Territory Government agency. This visa is an alternative for skilled workers with the qualifications or skills who did not pass the points test required to obtain a Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189). Approved applicants are expected to live, work and study in the nominating state or territory for 2 years on arrival.
Applying for a 190 Visa
To be eligible to apply for a 190 Skilled Independent Visa, applicants must:
• have an occupation on the relevant skilled occupation list
• complete a successful skill assessment
• have at least competent English
• score at least 65 points. Calculate your points
• be nominated by a State or Territory Government agency
• be at least 18 years of age and younger than 45 years of age
• be invited to apply
For more comprehensive information regarding Australian Skilled Visas, contact one of our expert agents at 1300 10 50 50 or email us here.