Piotr-pacific-center-visa-to-australia-photo with signature

CHILD  VISA  101 / 802

Suppose one parent of a child is an Australian or an eligible New Zealand citizen. In that case, the child is automatically an Australian citizen. But if you migrate or migrate with a child, you may have to apply for a Child visa. The same situation is when you adopt or take care of an orphaned relative child. A child visa lets a child move or stays in Australia to live with their parents.
The Child Visa grants a youngster outside the country (Subclass 101 ) or in Australia (Subclass 802) to stay with his or her parents.
An Australia child visa is a family visa issued to children whose parents or legal guardians are living in Australia and are Australian citizens, permanent residents of Australia, eligible New Zealand citizens or temporary partner visa holders (subclass 309 or 820).

You can apply for one of those three visas.
• Dependent child visa
• Adoption visa
• Orphaned visa

Applying for a Child Visa

To be eligible to apply for a Child visa, applicants must:

A child between 18 and 25 years of age who does not have a disability that prevents them from working must:

  • Not have a spouse or de facto partner;
  • Not be engaged to be married;
  • Not be in full-time work;
  • Be a full-time student.

Call our help desk to arrange an online or phone consultation for a comprehensive rundown on Australian Parent/Parent/Child Visa. For more comprehensive information regarding Australian Family Visas, contact one of our expert agents at 1300 10 50 50 or email us here.