This visa lets skilled workers, who are nominated by their employer, live and work in Australia permanently.
- include family members in your application when you apply
- add family members to your application after you apply but before we decide on your visa
For 191 visa, your family members are:
- your partner
- your dependent child or stepchild
- your partner’s dependent child or stepchild
- the dependent child or stepchild of your or your partner’s dependent child or stepchild
You can include members of the family unit in your application if they currently hold an eligible visa. You must include each family member who is eligible to apply for this visa at the time you lodge your application. You can’t add family members after you have submitted your application.
You can include family members who no longer meet the standard definition of member of the family unit provided they hold an eligible visa that was granted on the basis that they were a member of your family unit. This provision would apply, for example, if you want to include a child in your application who has turned 23 years of age since they were granted an eligible visa
Family members who apply for the visa with you must meet our health and character requirements.
Family members who do not apply for the visa with you might also have to meet the requirements.