Requirements for a student visa are:
- enrol with an Australian education provider as a full-time student, and obtain written confirmation of this enrolment (predominantly
- on-line courses are not eligible)
- genuinely intend to complete the relevant period of study in Australia
- have the required level of English language proficiency unless exempt
- have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the period of your intended stay in Australia
- have access to sufficient funds to cover your return airfares, tuition fees and the cost of living in Australia, as well as costs
- required for any dependents included in your application.
- The exact amount of funds a student requires is set by the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA) and is determined by your chosen education
- provider, your course of study and other personal circumstances.
- must be 6 years or older
- prove you have a welfare arrangement, if you are under 18
Student visa allows you to stay in Australia up-to 5 years.
With a student visa you may:
- work with some limits
Step 1: Find a course or school.
Our role ac as educational consultants is to assist you in choosing the best option. The best option for you. It is important to think about what you want to achieve, and where it will lead you. Is it a short course to improve skills and visit Australia, is it an option to spic up and advance your resume or will lead it to a permanent visa in Australia.
It is also very important to consider if you want to continue with your current career path or if you want to try something new.
During our consultation, we will help you to analyze all those questions.
We will also discuss :
- Location? Where do you want to study?
- When is the best time to arrive?
- How long to stay?
- How much it all will cost you?
Step 2: Lodge school application
Once you know what is best for you, it’s time to lodge an application to the school. We will do it for you. English courses and short course applications are usually easy, but applying to university – is a big job.
In 2018, the Immigration Department of Australia passed the responsibilities of checking and verifying students to schools. This is why financial and genuine student requirements are now needed at the time of school application.
Step 3: Confirm enrollment in school, make the required payment to obtain COE
Once the school accepted your application, you will receive LoO (Letter of the offer). It is a formal invitation from the school, describing all conditions including fees.
Once you are happy with LoO, you sign it and it means you agreed with the conditions. Next, you make a deposit payment and then you will receive COE ( Confirmation of Enrolment).
Step 4: Apply for a Student visa. With COE we will apply for your student visa.
- include family members in your application when you apply
- add family members to your application after you apply but before we decide on your visa
For Fiance subclass 500 – student visa, family members are:
Family members who apply for the visa with you must meet our health and character requirements.
Student visa can be lodge onshore or offshore. When you apply for student visa onshore you will be eligible for bridging visa.
- Independent ELICOS Sector
- 75% of applications in 32 days
- 90% of applications in 60 days
- Vocational Education and Training Sector
- 75% of applications in 62 days
- 90% of applications in 71 days
- Higher Education Sector
- 75% of applications in 53 days
- 90% of applications in 66 days
For more information click here