Student visa

To apply for Student visa, you must first be enrolled in a full-time course at an Australian education provider, and obtain written confirmation of your enrolment (CoE) from that provider. We will then prepare and lodge your visa application with the DOHA. The main criterion is that you meet the requirements referred to below, the exact nature of which will depend upon your passport nationality and the education provider requirements. You must also meet the relevant health and character requirements.

 Student visa Subclass 500

To be eligible for Student Visa:

  • you must be enrolled in a course of study in Australia
    you must hold Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), or fall in one of the exemption categories
    you must be 6 years or older
    you must prove you have a welfare arrangement, if you are under 18

Student visa may be  little tricky to obtain as Australian Immigration Department is considering it as a entry visa with permission to work for many people. So once you are granted student visa, you have right to stay and work in Australia, you may apply for work visa, skilled visa and you may not leave Australia for many years.

This is why your personal circumstances will have a great impact on how easy or difficult it will be for you to apply. There are many various factors such: your age, work and education history, family status, past migration and travel history, financial situation and school you have chosen.

Requirements for a student visa are:

  • enrol with an Australian education provider as a full-time student, and obtain written confirmation of this enrolment (predominantly
  • on-line courses are not eligible)
  • genuinely intend to complete the relevant period of study in Australia
  • have the required level of English language proficiency unless exempt
  • have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the period of your intended stay in Australia
  • have access to sufficient funds to cover your return airfares, tuition fees and the cost of living in Australia, as well as costs
  • required for any dependents included in your application.
  • The exact amount of funds a student requires is set by the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA) and is determined by your chosen education
  • provider, your course of study and other personal circumstances.
  • must be 6 years or older
  • prove you have a welfare arrangement, if you are under 18

Student visa allows you to stay in Australia up-to 5 years.

With a student visa you may:

  • study
  • work with some limits
  • travel

Step 1: Find a course or school. 

Our role ac as educational consultants is to assist you in choosing the best option. The best option for you. It is important to think about what you want to achieve, and where it will lead you. Is it a short course to improve skills and visit Australia, is it an option to spic up and advance your resume or will lead it to a permanent visa in Australia.

It is also very important to consider if you want to continue with your current career path or if you want to try something new.

During our consultation, we will help you to analyze all those questions.

We will also discuss :

  • Location? Where do you want to study?
  • When is the best time to arrive?
  • How long to stay?
  • How much it all will cost you?

Step 2: Lodge school application

Once you know what is best for you, it’s time to lodge an application to the school. We will do it for you. English courses and short course applications are usually easy, but applying to university – is a big job.

In 2018, the Immigration Department of Australia passed the responsibilities of checking and verifying students to schools. This is why financial and genuine student requirements are now needed at the time of school application.

Step 3: Confirm enrollment in school, make the required payment to obtain COE

Once the school accepted your application, you will receive LoO (Letter of the offer). It is a formal invitation from the school, describing all conditions including fees.

Once you are happy with LoO, you sign it and it means you agreed with the conditions. Next, you make a deposit payment and then you will receive COE ( Confirmation of Enrolment).

Step 4: Apply for a Student visa. With COE we will apply for your student visa.

Include family

You can:

  • include family members in your application when you apply
  • add family members to your application after you apply but before we decide on your visa

For Fiance subclass 500 – student visa, family members are:

Family members who apply for the visa with you must meet our health and character requirements.

Student visa can be lodge onshore or offshore. When you apply for student visa onshore you will be eligible for bridging visa.
  • Independent ELICOS Sector
    • 75% of applications in 32 days
    • 90% of applications in 60 days
  • Vocational Education and Training Sector
    • 75% of applications in 62 days
    • 90% of applications in 71 days
  • Higher Education Sector
    • 75% of applications in 53 days
    • 90% of applications in 66 days

For more information click here


There are many educational and immigration agents, but our numbers prove we have a good thing going here at Pacific Center. We have many clients and we are very busy but we treat each case as a very unique matter, and that is what sets our company apart from others.
Above all, we have wealth of experience, support system and comprehensive approach to offer you the best.
If you have questions regarding our company, you should give us a call. We will do everything possible to make sure we are the right fit for your case.


  • Permission to stay in Australia for period of study, some time before and after course completion.

  • Permission to work. For student it will be 40 hours a fortnight. For Student’s partner may be limited or full time work right.

  • OSHC must be kept all the time. From day when you enter Australia to the last day.

  • You may travel Overseas and return to Australia without need to apply for another visa

  • Your attendance and/or results are school will be monitored.


The student visa program is not designed as pathway to skilled migration or  business sponsored visa, however being genuine temporary entrant does not preclude you from seeking further stay or permanent residency if the opportunity arises .  If you need information about  how studying in Australia and getting qualifications from reputable institution here can contribute toward your  migration plan , please contact us. Migration agent can explain limitations but also opportunities associated with successful completion of education in Australia.