Family Visa

Home/Family Visa
Family Visa2021-02-19T03:45:43+00:00

Family Visa to migrate to Australia

Australian partner/parent/child visas are part of wide range of family visa.
At Pacific Center we have agents who are specialised in Family migration. Whether in or out of Australia we can assist you in a range of family migration including visas for your partner, spouse child or parent.


About family visa to Australia?

If you are Australian citizens or permanent residents, you might want to bring your partner or family over to join you temporarily or permanently in Australia. This is when you want to apply for family visa.

Term Family migration covers all visas sponsored by family members who are Australian citizens permanent residents or eligible NZ citizens. Pacific Center  consultants can help with all aspects of  Family Migration both for clients located in and outside Australia

Whether you have a child or spouse or parents living abroad whom you want to join you, we can help you.

Read more…

Nine Classes and Subclasses of Family Visas in Australia

Family is important. It is the critical support system for an individual, and the Australian government understands that. That is why there are several types of family visas in Australia that can enable you to unite with your family members. The Australian Family migration streams have a range of visas available for eligible relatives of Australians. Some of family visas are permanent, some can be leading to permenent residency and citizenship through temporary visa.

Some of them are listed below:

Parent Visa

If your child or children are an Australian citizen, a permanent resident, or an eligible citizen of New Zealand and you wish to relocate, you can apply for any of the parent visa subtypes below. Please note that a limited number of parental visas are issued per year. Therefore, there may be a queue of applications. Your child will be your sponsor, if they meet the eligibility criteria.

  • Parent (Permanent) Visa – If you meet the above criteria and wish to relocate to Australia indefinitely, this is the visa you apply for. The current waiting period is up to 30 years.
  • Aged parent visa – This is a replica of the Parent ( Permanent) visa only designed for applicants eligible for the Aged Australian pension. This is subject to a 30-year waiting period.
  • Contributory Parent (Temporary) Visa – The applicant applies to live in the country for up to 2 years. The waiting period for this visa is short, and no assurance of support is necessary. You can also transition from this visa to permanent residency, but there is a process.
  • Contributory Parent (Permanent) Visa – You can apply for this visa if you hold the previous visa and still meet the eligibility criteria provided. Your child should be willing to sponsor you. Otherwise, additional eligibility criteria are necessary.
  • Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) Visa – This is similar to the Temporary Contributory Parent visa but is designed for applicants eligible for Australian aged pension.
  • Contributory Aged Parent (Permanent) Visa – This is the same as the Permanent Contributory Parent Visa designed for applicants qualified for the Australian Aged Pension.

Partner Visa

This class allows a defacto partner, spouse or a fiancé to immigrate to Australia to be with their partner. Those migrating to Australia with this visa are allowed temporary residence followed by permanent residency after a couple of years. They must have a partner who is an Australian Citizen, or permanent resident of Australia and can show they are “settled” in Australia. The subtypes are listed below.

  • Partner or Spouse Visa – You are eligible if you are married to an Australian citizen or permanent resident or have been in a de facto relationship with one for at least 12 months
  • Fiancé Visa – You may obtain this if you intend to marry an Australian citizen. It lasts nine months, and you should therefore, wed before the time elapses.

Child Visa

A parent who is permanently settled in Australia, a citizen, or a qualified New Zealand citizen can offer to be the sponsor for a child visa. There are two main differences.

If the concerned child is in Australia, they can immigrate as a permanent resident, a dependent child, or an orphaned relative.
If the child is not in Australia, they may obtain a dependent child visa, an adoption visa, or an orphaned relative visa.

Relative visa

Brothers, sisters, carers, and dependent relatives can also immigrate to Australia initially temporarily, which they can later change to a permanent visa. They are sponsored by Australian Citizens, permanent residents, and eligible New Zealand citizens. Some subtypes include:
Remaining Relative Visa – This is for people who are the only relative left outside of Australia. A married relative must also have no close relatives to the spouse in their present country or overseas.

  • Carer Visa – This is for someone who has a relative in Australia who needs to be taken care of. The need for personal care (either physical or mental) must be likely to continue for at least two years.
  • Aged dependent Relatives Visa – This allows for elderly relatives to reunite with their family. They have to have been primarily supported financially for the last two years by their Australian relatives.

Those who wish to obtain Australian family visas undergo meticulous checks. Some essential documents needed include health conformity reports and character certificates. They also have to meet the relevant pre-conditions. Feel free to consult an immigration lawyer to help you decide which visa to apply and which process to follow.

…Hide Content

Need help with your family  visa? Call the migration experts today on 1300 10 50 50.

There’s no need to be confused about your next steps, thats where Visa To Australia steps in and helps you to get your family visa.

Piotr-pacific-center-visa-to-australia-photo with signature

We all love happy story!


Pacific Center is Registered Australian Migration Agency in Queensland – MARN 0743766- with over 15 years our visa lawyers helped thousands of people from many different countries. Contact us today so we can help you too!

Find the best family visa for your situation!


Don’t hesitate to contact one of our migration agents today. You’re one click away from expert answers to your visa questions!


Partner Migration

If you’re  in a relationship with an Australian, you could qualify for a visa based on that relationship. Your partner can be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or in certain cases an eligible New Zealand citizen. They act as the Sponsor of the application. You can be married or in a ‘de-facto’ relationship, and must meet a number of conditions to be eligible to apply.

Parent & Child Visa

There are several different Australian visas available in the family visa stream. Visas in this category include Parent visas, for those with children based permanently in Australia. Child visas allow children of Australian citizens or permanent residents to apply for residency. There are other visas in this category as well, so to discover if any are applicable to your situation, click below to find out more.

Do you have to be engaged to apply for a fiance visa?2020-03-31T04:29:24+00:00

No, you don’t need to be engaged to apply for fiance visa however, need to show your intent to get married within 9 months after visa is granted.

Do i have to be married to apply for partner visa 820?2020-03-31T01:35:38+00:00

No, you don’t have to be married to your partner but you must be in genuine relationship. You may be eligible for partner visa when you are engaged or in de facto relationship.

Do i need to pass English test for partner visa to Australia?2020-03-31T01:33:53+00:00

No, English test is not required, but you may be asked by Immigration department how do you communicate with your partner.

Is 820 partner visa permanent?2020-03-31T01:32:38+00:00

No, 820 partner visa is a temporary visa leading you to 801 visa which is permanent.

Chcielibyśmy bardzo serdecznie podziękować za ogromną pomoc w uzyskaniu wizy partnerskiej Panu Piotrowi Ferencowi i jego pracownikom.Wykazali się oni fachowością,rzetelnością i konkretną pomocą na każdym etapie naszej współpracy.Każdemu,kto szuka agenta do spraw migracji w Australii,bardzo gorąco polecamy pana Piotra!

Jolanta i Andrzej H.

Wedding guy testimonial –

Also feel free to share and use the footage …maybe just credit the guys who made it but it’s fine to use! 

Chloe and I would like to thank the whole team at Pacific Centre for the completion of our Permanent Resident applications. 

Piotr is extremly knowledgeable and a 30 minute appointment with him was equilavent to weeks and weeks of googling information that I didn’t really understand! When I left the initial consultation I had a clear path of my options to make my dream of permanently staying in Australia come true. 

Once we decided to go through with the application, payment was made easy by being split into several installments. The guys and girls managing all my paperwork were on it from the start and it is really true that the quicker you get all your information to them, the quicker they can work their magic. 

The online system makes it very, very easy to upload and update any information you need to. 

Using an agent really negates a large amount of the stress involved in processes like this and the team at Pacific really know their stuff, even in the ever changing world of immigration rules they were first to keep me updated throughout the whole process. Even during an unexpected extended stay overseas that I had to make, Piotr was avaliable to advise me of what moves to make and what I needed to do. 

Thank you to everyone involved at Pacific for the succesfull completion of our Permanent Residencies! Ian and Chloe Wilson

Chloe and Ian (820/801 visa)