Piotr-pacific-center-visa-to-australia-photo with signature

AGED PARENT  VISA  174 / 143

Suppose your child or children have become Australian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible citizens of New Zealand. Now, you wish to join them. In that case, you will need to apply for a Parent visa.
Temporary & Permanent Parent visa is for people who have a child living in Australia. A child who will be a family sponsor must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen. Parent visa requires a family balance test.

A contributory parent visa means you pay for your parents to move quicker in a visa application queue:

Visa types

Subclass 143 – This permanent visa is called a “Contributory” visa. This is because the initial application fee is $4,225 for the first applicant and $1,425 for a spouse. However, the second instalment for each applicant is $43,600. This visa takes approximately 5.7 years to process and is a permanent visa from approval.

Subclass 173 – This is a temporary visa with an initial Australian government fee of $2,850 and $1,425 for spouses. Before the visa is granted, the second instalment of $29,130 is required to be paid. This visa takes approximately 4.7 years to process. The applicants are granted a 2-year temporary visa. Before this visa expires, they must pay an additional $19,420 and apply for the permanent visa subclass 143.

The Australian Government only issues a limited number of family visas per year. It means that any parent visa application gets a place in a queue. Your child or one of your children will need to be your sponsor. To sponsor your visa, your child must meet the eligibility criteria.

Call our help desk to arrange an online or phone consultation for a comprehensive rundown on Australian Parent/Parent/Child Visa. For more comprehensive information regarding Australian Family Visas, contact one of our expert agents at 1300 10 50 50 or email us here.